FYI: If you buy something through a link in our posts we may get a small share of the sale.
One of the purest summer pleasures is sitting outside on a hot day with a popsicle in hand while you race to consume the icy treat before your fingers are covered in sticky melted drips.
These coconut lime popsicles are pretty much everything I want in a popsicle for that fleeting moment of joy.
They’re rich from the coconut, but that richness is cut with the bright acidity from the limes.
And even better, they’re so easy to throw together.
The fiddliest bit is making a simple syrup with a few strips of lime zest thrown in to infuse the syrup with the wonderful fragrance from the lime zest.
And even that is barely work.
I’ve been seeing sweetened condensed coconut milk at all kinds of grocery stores in recent years, and it’s a delicious alternative to the standard dairy version.
It gives these coconut lime popsicles a sort of key lime pie quality that I always find welcome.
It also makes these popsicles naturally vegan and gluten free, which is a bonus for anyone navigating dietary restrictions.
The coconut milk amplifies the coconut flavor without adding more sweetness.
And the combination of coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk give these popsicles a luxurious richness.
A generous pour of lime juice (preferably from freshly squeezed limes) brings a welcome sharpness to all that coconut goodness.
And the aforementioned zest-infused simple syrup brings in another layer of lime flavor.
Then everything gets dumped into a bowl, stirred together, poured into popsicle molds, and gently tucked into the freezer where they stay until they’re frozen.
The waiting is the hardest part.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 1-inch strips of lime zest
- 1 11.25-ounce can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, from anywhere from 3 large limes to 10 small ones
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and lime zest, and heat over medium, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and discard the zest.
- Add the sweetened condensed coconut milk, regular coconut milk, lime juice, and zest-infused syrup to a large mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid, around 4-5 hours, depending on the size of the mold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nature's Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk, 11.25 Ounce
Aroy-d Coconut Milk 100%, 8.5 Oz
Onyx Stainless Steel Popsicle Mold
IMUSA USA VICTORIA-70007 Lemon Squeezer, Yellow
Kuhn Rikon 3-Set Original Swiss Peeler, Red/Green/Yellow
All-Clad 4211 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Saucier Pan / Cookware, 1-Quart, Silver
Paletas: Authentic Recipes for Mexican Ice Pops, Shaved Ice & Aguas Frescas
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g