FYI: If you buy something through a link in our posts we may get a small share of the sale.
Looking for an alternative to classic guacamole? This bacon blue cheese guacamole is unabashedly full-flavored.
And it has bacon in it! (Which, of course, means this guac is definitely not for vegetarians.)
I know blue cheese is a little controversial. There are haters out there. You can have your traditional guacamole while those of us who love it dig into this one.
While I fully admit it’s not for everyone, fans of Roquefort and similar blue cheese will love the savory complexity the blue cheese adds to avocado. And the smoky bacon brings it all together.
It comes together quickly and makes a fabulous party snack.
It’s simple to make and a nice take for anyone who loves blue cheese and avocado!
- 2 in large avocados, sliced half, pit removed, or 3 medium/small ones
- 1/4 white onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 strips of thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 ounce Roquefort, finely crumbled
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and add it to a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add the onion, serrano pepper, salt, cilantro, and most of the bacon and Roquefort (reserve a little bit of bacon and blue cheese for garnish at the end) and stir until thoroughly mixed. Garnish with reserved bacon and blue cheese. Eat with warm tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 60mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g