Looking for an alternative to classic guacamole? This bacon blue cheese guacamole is full-flavored.
While I fully admit it’s not for everyone, fans of Roquefort and similar blue cheese will love the savory complexity the blue cheese adds to avocado. And the smoky bacon brings it all together.
It’s simple to make and a nice take for anyone who loves blue cheese and avocado!
Bacon Blue Cheese Guacamole
- 2 in large avocados sliced half, pit removed, or 3 medium/small ones
- 1/4 white onion finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- handful cilantro finely chopped
- 2 strips of thick-cut bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 ounce Roquefort finely crumbled
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and add it to a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add the onion, serrano pepper, salt, cilantro, and most of the bacon and Roquefort (reserve a little bit of bacon and blue cheese for garnish at the end) and stir until thoroughly mixed. Garnish with reserved bacon and blue cheese. Eat with warm tortilla chips.